Monday, August 15, 2016

Stir Fried Marmite Chicken Nuggets

Marmite Chicken
Yesterday was one of the quiet Sundays where we spend the day at home and watching television. So, since everyone were at home, I cooked up something that we do not frequently have during busy work days. I cooked the marmite chicken which was one of my kids favorite cuisines when we dined at Malaysian restaurants back in the days. Simple cuisine to cook but required the vegetable yeast extract or marmite.

Sweetened Marmite Chicken
I started with frying some chicken meat which I have cut into strips. Once the chicken meat turns golden brown, stop the heat. With the chicken meat still in the wok or pan, add one spoon of the vegetable yeast extract and a spoon of sugar. Then, mix everything together until the chicken meat are evenly coated with the marmite and the sugar has dissolved completely. Transfer to a proper serving plate. For better presentation, garnish with mint leaves or cilantro. Restaurants in Malaysia usually will garnish this cuisine with fried prawn crackers.

Stir Fried Yam Leaves
I also prepared a simple vegetable cuisine and a soup cuisine for dinner. The vegetable cuisine was stir fried yam leaves. One of our favorite vegetable cuisine. Simple with garlic, and fish cake. I used to grow my own yam leaves in my vegetable garden back in Malaysia but because of the different seasons we have in Vancouver, the yam leaves would not survived through the colder weather in winter. And the soup for the day was spare ribs with radish. A good remedy for the hot summer days. A lot of liquid would be good for the body.


No comments:

Post a Comment