Monday, August 1, 2016

Fried Popiah and Stir Fried Chow Mein

Fried Popiah
I was busy with work around the home yesterday. Therefore, decided to prepare a quick dinner. First, I looked in the freezer to see what I can cook for dinner that would not require a long process. Then, again I did not anticipate that I would be that busy until later in the afternoon. So, any frozen meat or seafood would not be a good idea for dinner because they will take too long to thaw. And at the time I realized it, I was probably an hour to our usual dinner time. Then, I saw the box of frozen popiah (or simply call spring rolls) in the freezer.

Fried Vegetable Spring Rolls
Okay, that will be part of our dinner for the night. I bought that box of frozen vegetable spring rolls from Costco Wholesale when it was on special offer. All I had to do was fry the spring rolls in a wok of hot cooking oil on medium heat. The spring rolls were already wrapped and ready to be fried when I took them out of the box. After ten minutes in the wok they all looked golden brown and ready to be eaten. I turned the spring rolls occasionally to make sure that they don't get burned on one side. In ten to fifteen minutes I have all the spring rolls fried.

Our Dinner
Surprisingly, the spring rolls actually tasted really good and authentic. Just like the popiah my mum makes at home. In fact, the spring rolls looked and tasted like any fried popiah in Malaysia. At home we will usually dip the popiah in some spicy chilli sauce and that was exactly how I ate the popiah. I will go back to Costco Wholesale for more. Popiah was not the only cuisine we had for dinner. But, I also quickly fried some chow mein to eat with the popiah and some leftover stir fried jicama. It was a delicious dinner after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment