Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sambal Fried Rice with Anchovies

Sambal Fried Rice
I have some leftover of the Nasi Lemak sambal which I had for Nasi Lemak cuisine several days ago. I have kept the leftover sambal in the fridge since then. So today, I cooked some rice in the morning and later used the sambal as a paste with the rice for the special spicy fried rice. It turned out to be really good. I have now discovered another use for the Nasi Lemak sambal. By the way the Nasi Lemak sambal that I am using is the Chilliz brand which is carried in T&T Supermarket, Chong Lee Market, Soon Tung Fatt Market, Hen Loong Supermarket and many other Asian grocery stores.

Spicy Fried Rice
Other than the sambal (three spoons), I added some fried anchovies and a few eggs to the fried rice. I make sure the eggs are fried first than add the rice and everything else. Stir and mix evenly, especially the sambal. And I also barbecued some chicken drumstick to go with the fried rice lunch. I first bake the chicken drumstick in the oven for thirty minutes on three hundred seventy five celsius. Then, once the chicken drumsticks are cooked, coat the drumstick evenly with barbecue sauce. Put the tray of drumsticks back into the oven at the same temperature for another fifteen to twenty minutes. Once done serve with the fried rice and garnish with a few slices of cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment