Monday, July 18, 2016

Bite Size Teriyaki Chicken Nuggets

Teriyaki Chicken Nuggets
Yesterday, for dinner I cooked a chicken cuisine using the teriyaki sauce. Like always, I wanted to prepare and cook dinner within an hour. So, I went through my kitchen cabinet where I keep all the sauces and canned food for some cooking ideas. It seems like I have a lot of sauces that I have actually forgotten about, and should work on utilizing them before they expire. I took out whichever that was nearest to the expiration date and rearranged them in the cabinet to remind myself which of the sauces I should use first.

Home Cooked Teriyaki Chicken 
Since the teriyaki sauce was the bottle that was at the nearest to expiration, I decided to use it first. I took two pieces of chicken breast from the freezer and thaw for about thirty minutes, then cut them up to bite size pieces. Then, poured three spoons of cooking oil into a hot wok and fried the chicken pieces. Once the chicken nuggets were cooked (when turn light brown), I added three spoons of the teriyaki sauce. I also blenched some broccoli to be presented with the teriyaki chicken in the same plate. As I have anticipated, the teriyaki chicken turned out to be really flavourful and blended well with the broccoli.

Fried Tofu
While I was waiting for the chicken breast to thaw, I fried some pressed tofu. This was to be our second cuisine for the dinner last evening. I just cut the larger piece of tofu to four cubes and fried them. I did not add any flavours or taste enhancer to the fried tofus. But went served, I usually add two spoons of chilli sauce for dipping, on the side of the serving plate. Overall, I took slightly more than one hour to cook yesterday's dinner cuisines which was still within the acceptable time frame for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment