Sunday, July 10, 2016

Authentic Malaysian Curry Chicken Rice

Malaysian Curry Chicken
I woke up early in the morning and cooked a pot of curry chicken rice. It was one of those days where I woke up really early and just looking for something to do. So, I decided to cook curry chicken. I am always ready with all the components and ingredients for cooking curry chicken in my kitchen cabinet. In the freezer, I still have stocks of chicken drumsticks, chicken breast and chicken wings. I stocked them up when the price was right especially during our grocery shopping at the newly opened supermarket in Richmond. I also have curry powder, curry leaves, lemon grass, cumin, anise star, cloves, cinnamon stick and coriander in the kitchen.

Home Cooked Curry Chicken
With all the ingredients ready, I can cook curry anytime I wanted to. Whether midnight or early in the morning, it makes no difference. I start with eight spoons of cooking oil in a large wok and once the cooking oil was hot, I introduce two cups of curry powder paste (mixed curry powder with water to form thick paste), some curry leaves, 2 stalk of lemon grass, half spoon of cumin, about ten anise star, five cloves, two inches of cinnamon stick, and half spoon of coriander. Simmer the curry paste until the aroma fills the room. Then, throw in the chicken meat. Mix the curry paste with the chicken meat until everything is evenly coated.

Curry Chicken
Pour one canned of coconut milk into the wok and mix everything in the wok. Allow to boil until the chicken are cooked. Then, add pre-cooked potatoes into the curry chicken. Stir again and allow to boil one more time. Transfer the curry chicken into a serving bowl or a ceramic container.

Once the curry was ready, the family and I can have curry chicken with Roti Chennai for breakfast. And packed some of the curry chicken with rice for lunch at work and school. So, today I woke up early to cook two meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment