Friday, July 15, 2016

Home Made Pork Meatballs

Homemade Pork Meatballs
I prepared some homemade pork meatballs for dinner yesterday. Home made are always fresh, tasty and flavourful. Unlike the meatballs from the grocery store, these were made from scratch with raw meat and ingredients. The two main components of the pork meatballs were ground pork and fish paste. I mixed about one to one portion of the ground pork (300gm) and fish paste (300gm). Add a little oyster flavoured sauce (one spoon), sesame seed oil (one spoon), an egg, a pinch of salt for taste and one spoon of multipurpose flour. If not, just replace with corn starch. And no water was added.

Golden Brown Meatballs
Once everything is ready, just mix them all up with your hands. Then, drop one ball at a time into a wok with cooking oil (400 ml). Transfer the pork meatballs into a serving plate once the meatballs turn golden brown. My family loves these homemade pork meatballs and could eat dinner just on these without rice or noodle. The ground pork can also be substituted with luncheon meat like spam or the imported version. But that would not be as fresh as these ones that was made from scratch. Sometimes, I even add a little mash potato with the mix before frying. The potato will add flavour to the meatballs.

Fresh Kailan
Alongside the pork meatballs cuisine, I have also prepared a plate of vegetable cuisine for dinner. The choice of vegetable depended on what was the available vegetable I have in the fridge. I do not normally stock up on the vegetables because if I do not cook them within the few days after purchasing them, they will spoil rather fast. So, to avoid wasting these vegetables unnecessarily, I rather stock up on cabbages, cucumbers, egg plants, napa cabbages, bitter gourds or French beans. Anyway, I cooked the kailan vegetable instead because I have one more bunch of them in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment