Monday, July 4, 2016

One serving at a time of the famous Penang Char Keow Teow

Penang Char Keow Teow
Invited some friends over the weekend for another cookout in a nearby park. Like usual, the famous Penang Char Keow Teow was the cuisine on the menu. Instead of getting everything by ourselves, we got friends to contribute some of the different ingredients of the Char Keow Teow. Actually, we distributed some of the work to others, like one family responsible for the shrimps, another the eggs, another the Chinese sausages and so on. It became so much simpler when the work is distributed amongst everyone that participated in the cookout. Of cause, I was the designated Char Keow Teow cook, which role, I could not exactly share.

Famous Penang Char Keow Teow
Other than cooking, I was also tasked to prepared the noodles and the sauce used for the Char Keow Teow. I also brought the outdoor grill/stove for the cookout. I set up the stove and wok ready before everyone arrived at the park. Once all the Char Keow Teow ingredients and components arrived, I started frying. Every time we have this kind of cookout session, I normally would fry up to about forty plates of Char Keow Teow but this time I fried more than fifty plates including the ones that were taking home. I am really grateful to my Jalan Jalan Cari Makan buddies for pulling together with the different tasks and lessening my work load in getting ready for the cookout this time as I was really busy at work in the summer.

The Famous Penang Char Keow Teow
I am inspired by the reviews these friends have for my Char Keow Teow. And they are the privileged few that have actually enjoyed my cooking. As I do not cook for a living nor do I manage a restaurant business, it is rare that anyone of my blog followers actually get a chance to sample my cooking and that of my Malaysian friends. Our authentic Malaysian cuisines are definitely out of this world. We do it better than the established Malaysian restaurants and those serving Malaysian cuisines in Vancouver. I am also privileged to learn from my Jalan Jalan Cari Makan buddies and also get to enjoy some of their best cuisines. So, over the past weekend, I took the opportunity to invite a small group of my blog followers to join us in the cookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment