Sunday, February 5, 2017

Kampung Fried Chicken and Maggi Mee Goreng

Kampung Fried Chicken
I have work to complete today. So, not wasting the valuable time that I have, I decided to prepare a quick lunch. I had bought some chicken leg quarters from T&T Supermarket several days ago and wanted to cook them anyway. I just chopped the quarters to three parts. Then, without any seasoning or marinate sauce, I dropped the chopped chicken pieces into a pot of hot cooking oil. I deep fried the chicken pieces for about twenty minutes to allow the skin to crisp.

Plain Fried Chicken
I learned to fry chicken this way from my grandmother who likes to fry chicken the way it is, without any sauce, salt or gravy. But the chicken skin needs to be fried until they turn golden brown and crispy. This frying method can be used for frying the chicken whole or cut to smaller pieces. Then, once it is done, the chicken can be dipped in any type of sauce. My kids and I like it plain without any sauce. Depending on the type of cooking oil used, the chicken meat is flavourful and tasty as is.

Fried Instant Noodle
I did not cook rice and decided to bench some instant noodle. Then, fry the noodle with tomato sauce, dark soy sauce and chopped garlic. I wanted to be simple and quick. So, there were shrimps, bean sprouts and eggs used in the frying the instant noodle. I could have added some boiled potatoes and cut tomatoes too. At the end, I garnished the fried noodles with fried shallots and fried garlic. It took me about thirty minutes to prepare today's lunch and still leaves me plenty of time to complete my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment