Saturday, February 18, 2017

Potstickers and Honey Garlic Pork

Pork Potstickers
I wanted to have something simple and quick to prepare. Something that I can just pull out from the freezer or fridge and put into the wok or oven. Yesterday, I was busy at the office, got home really late and so did the kids from school. And a warm home cooked meal would be most ideal in a cold winter night like this. So, I opened the freezer and took out a bag of potsticker which I had bought about a week ago from Costco Wholesale.

Pan Steamed Pork Stickers
I poured about a cup of water and three spoons of cooking oil into a wok. Heat it up on medium heat and put in about twenty to twenty five pieces of the pork potstickers. Arranged the potstickers with one side touching the bottom of the wok. And that is all I have to do. No spices, sauces, gravy or whatsoever is needed during the cooking. It is that simple. When the potsticker is done, I just heat up the sauce that came with the potsticker in the microwave oven.

Honey Garlic Pork
Then, also from the freezer, I pulled out a bag of honey garlic pork which I had bought from Costco Wholesale too. Lay the breaded pork nuggets in a tray and oven bake them for about fifteen minutes. The breaded pork nuggets were pre-cooked when we bought them, so all that is needed was warming them up. And fifteen minutes in the oven was just enough. Like the pork stickers, the honey garlic pork came with small bags of honey garlic sauce which was warmed up and poured onto the breaded pork nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment