Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Ladies's Day Out Dim Sum in Fisherman's Terrace

Seafood Potstickers Garnished with Fish Eggs
The wives of some of my Malaysian friends went out for a ladies's day out and my wife also joined them. Like usual, when they have such gatherings, they will often meet in a Chinese restaurant and have dim sum. This time they met in Fisherman's Terrace Seafood Restaurant in Aberdeen Mall in Richmond. This restaurant is famous for serving some of the most exotic Cantonese seafood cuisines. Personally, I have never dined there but the ladies did enjoy their dim sum.

Fried Egg Plant Stuffed with Seafood
I am not so much of a dim sum fan but I rather go for their full course dinner. Fisherman's Terrace did have some special dis sum cuisines. And when my wife came home she showed me some of the photos she had taken of the dim sum cuisines which was really unique. Like the seafood potsticker garnished with fish eggs and the fried stuffed egg plant. I have never seen an egg plant cuisine cooked or served this way in restaurants in Vancouver before.

Seafood Siew Mai with Fish Eggs
I always felt that it was too simple to be served in restaurants. This Hakka cuisine has always been a home cooked cuisine. The Seafood Siew Mai were also pretty special. Just like the seafood potsticker, the seafood siew mai was garnished with fish eggs. Other dim sum cuisine that were served were pretty much common with other dim sum restaurants but their Char Siew Bao were also impressive. Accordingly, they were very tasty and flavourful. After hearing how special some of their dim sum cuisines were I may just dine there one of these days.

Barbecue Pork Bao
In fact, there are more Chinese Cantonese restaurants than I have noticed anywhere in Vancouver. Besides that, I like Cantonese cuisines more than the other types of Chinese cuisines. Cantonese cuisines are more suitable for Malaysians and we also have a lot of Cantonese cuisines back home. In Burnaby, there are more than ten Cantonese type restaurants. So, anything Cantonese and dim sum is familiar with us. In fact, when I think of it, I have been going to dim sum quite often lately. Especially, around the Chinese New Year season.

No comments:

Post a Comment