Monday, September 19, 2016

D' Dutchmen Dairy for Ice Cream

Cookie Dough
I was told that there is this Ice Cream Saloon in Sicamous that serves the best Ice Cream on this side of the border with USA. And, my wife and I have been especially looking forward to farm ice cream parlours like these ones when on the road. So, when we past through Sicamous on our way home, we actually stopped and pick up a few of this nice cold ice cream cones. There were many variety of flavours available for us to choose. In fact too many to choose from. The ice creams were sold in scoops and in tubs. There were one litre, two litre and even ten litre tubs available of the different flavours.

Coffee Mocha
Other than the ice creams there were butter, milk and other dairy products available. It was a pretty neat place with people lining up for ice creams and also smelt like a farm too. Visitors stopping over for ice cream will not missed the strong smell of cow dung or manure. But after a few minutes, everyone becomes nose blind or used to the smell and will not noticed the strong smell. I see children licking their ice creams with the smell surrounding them. I, on the other hand prefer to take my ice cream into the car and drive away from there to enjoy it.

Raspberry Cheesecake
I chose the Banana Fudge flavour while my wife got the Butter Pecan and my two kids chose the Coffee Mocha and Cookie Dough flavours. For some reason, I did not feel the ice creams were as good as the ones I have bought from another ice cream shop across the border from Abbotsford in Lynden, Washington. May be I did not taste any banana flavour in the ice cream I chose, which was supposed to be banana fudge. We also picked up a 1 litre tub (Raspberry Cheesecake) which actually tasted so much better at home. May be is because of the smell when eating ice cream there. Any how, the ice creams were really fresh and nice to have on a hot sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment