Friday, September 2, 2016

Fried Female Capelin

Fried Female Capelins
I have not seen this type of fish in Malaysia or Singapore, in any of  the restaurants or coffee shops I dined in. May be they are served in some of restaurant but I do not know it. I started eating this fried female capelin in HONS and got hooked on it. It was a new cuisine to me when we ordered it the first time. So, the next time when we went to do our weekly grocery run, I bought them, to fry them at home. I have tried several different recipes with the female capelin, and liked them all because when cooked there are crunchy and flavourful.

Plain Fried Capelins
The different recipes that I have tried with the female capelin are mostly different in the type of batter. The way I like the female capelin done is still with deep frying method. Sometime with curry powder, sometimes with salt, sometimes with curry leaves and pepper, or simply fried plain. Every time we fry them. Next time, I may even add gravy or sauce to the cuisine. Another choice about the capelin is that we always chose the female ones as there are eggs in the female capelins. We usually eat them whole, bones and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment