Friday, September 9, 2016

Dining in Crystal Mall's Food Court

Malay Curry Chicken Rice
I decided to stop by Crystal Mall's food court for lunch with the family yesterday. We were doing our weekly grocery shopping and was about time for lunch. So decided to eat before heading home and Crystal Mall so happened was the final destination for the day. There are more than a few stores in the food court. Not exactly the variety but there are some really authentic cuisines. One of the choices would be the Ipoh Bean Sprout store which is actually serving many popular Malaysian cuisines.

Cantonese Style Fried Hor Fun
So, my wife and son when for the Malay Curry Chicken Rice and the Cantonese Fried Hor Fun. The Curry chicken was authentic and I can taste the difference in the aroma and flavour of the curry gravy. It tasted spicier and richer in coconut milk compared to butter chicken that is less spicier and instead of coconut milk uses skim milk. Whereas for the Cantonese style Fried Hor Fun, I would have to say, I like the Hor Fun served at Kurumba more. The Cantonese style Fried Hor Fun here lacks the flavour and ingredients usually found in Fried Hor Fun.

Fried Shanghai Dumplings
But I also wanted to try something different. I heard from several friends that told me that the Shanghai dumplings were actually fresh and good. So, since I was already dining here, might as well order some. I ordered two types of the Shanghai dumplings. Each order comes with five pieces of buns. I did the fried ones and the steam ones. Both were exactly the similar type of dumplings but prepared differently before serving. I did not go WOW with the dumplings but they were just okay to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment