Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fried Rice Noodle with Pork

Fried Rice Noodle with Pork
I bought some fresh rice noodles from HONS Wun Tun House and fried them the next day when they were still fresh. I fried the using the dried beef noodle recipe but with pork instead of beef. As I was getting the ingredients ready for frying, I noticed that I was actually short of a few ingredients and had to go to the nearest asian grocery store to buy spring onions, onions and bean sprouts. The quick shopping trip took me no longer than thirty minutes. And when I got home, it was just good time to start preparing for lunch.

Cantonese Style Fried Rice Noodle
So, the ingredients for the fried rice noodle were finally complete. And in the preparation, I have one onion sliced in fine strips, spring onions cut in two inch long strips, half a pound of bean sprouts, pork meat (loin) cut in small bite size cubes, some fresh skin peeled shrimps, and two pounds of fresh rice noodles (flat noodles). I poured three spoons of cooking oil into the wok on high heat and throw in one spoon of chopped garlic. Once the garlic is in the wok, I throw in the pork and allow it to simmer for a minute and then add the shrimps.

The Simple Ingredients for the Fried Rice Noodles
Continue to allow the pork and shrimps to cook. Then add the fresh rice noodles into the wok. On top of the noodles, add four spoons of dark soy sauce, two spoons of pepper, one spoon of chicken stock (cubes or powdered) and a pinch of slat for taste. Start stirring and turning the noodles with all the ingredients in to wok to mix and blend everything together until the noodles become evenly colored. after a few minutes of mixing and stirring, add the bean sprouts, onions and spring onions.

Fried Rice Noodle
Continue stirring and mixing for about two more minutes until the onions and the bean sprouts are cooked. But not to be over cooked, especially the bean sprouts. I like the bean sprouts crunchy. This is a very simple noodle recipe and if you prefer beef over pork, just use beef instead. I like both types of meat but this recipe is good for wither beef or pork. This is a popular Cantonese noodle cuisine, and all Chinese restaurants would surely have this fried rice noodle cuisine on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment