Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Green Bamboo Vietnamese Noodle Shop

Rice with Pork Chicken Chop
I was introduced to this Vietnamese Noodle shop by a friend and after that first visit, I have returned with my family and other friends more than a few times already. The noodle shop is actually own by a Taiwanese couple and have been operating the business for many years. Just like many Vietnamese noodle shop, the Green Bamboo serves a variety of soup based noodle cuisines and rice & meat combinations. They also have a range of side orders such as spring rolls, fried chicken wings and pot stickers.

Rice with Pork Chop
The diner is rather small. So, I think it can only cater for about twenty people the most at any one time. The plus point for such a joint is the waiting time. Orders are served within ten minutes and the serving portions are generously large. My wife and I usually share one large order of their delicious noodle cuisine. We like the tomato paste cuisine and the house special. The house special comes with generous portions of slice beef, beef balls, and plenty of white noodles. My kids like their rice combinations which is also plentiful.

House Special
I have to say my favorite is still their house special. The soup for this particular order is clear but don't let that full you, it can be really hot and spicy. Sometimes the green chillies that was garnished on the soup can be really hot. My wife likes their seafood version of the same soup base. And that too is not bad. Although they are called the Vietnamese Noodle House, their soup base and rice cuisines have evolved into something other than Vietnamese cuisines. And the people around the area likes it. I guess, the cuisines are more Taiwanese than Vietnamese.

No comments:

Post a Comment