Friday, May 26, 2017

Breakfast in Royal Subang Golf Club

Roti Chennai Dipped in Curry
I was in the Royal Subang Golf Club for breakfast with some friends who had just completed their regular weekend morning golf session. I only joined them for the breakfast and did not participate in the golf session. The breakfast cuisines was not really out of ordinary cuisines but just the normal casual kind of cuisines we normally find in any Malaysian, that serve Muslim food, kind of coffee shop. Of cause the cafeteria in the club house also serves Western breakfast.

Curry Puffs with Eggs
Since back in Malaysia, I have not even thought of any meal that is Western yet. I still prefer to eat as much Malaysian as possible before heading home to Vancouver. My simple breakfast meal that day in The Royal Subang Golf Club was Roti Chennai with curry. That was good enough to satisfy my taste buds. The simplest meals are always the best. They are cheap, satisfying, and flavourful. Not always the healthiest but control is important.

Plain Dosa
Other than roti Chennai, there were also dosa, curry puff, and nasi lemak among the morning choices of food served in the cafeteria. These are all popular Malaysian breakfast choices and have been the traditional breakfast among the different ethnic groups in Malaysia. In fact since the first day of my visit to Malaysia, I have had the roti Chennai at least five times and still haven't had enough of it. I really missed this simple South Indian bread that was introduced into Malaysia by the Indian immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment