Thursday, May 25, 2017

Typical Malaysian Breakfast Meals

Curry Noodle
In the dozen of days or so that was in Kuala Lumpur, I practically spend the mornings eating typical Malaysian breakfast like curry noodle, prawn noodle and even Hakka yong tau foo. They are very heavy meals in comparison to the much lighter breakfast meals I normally have for breakfast in Vancouver. In the morning markets, is where you find all kinds of vendors, including food carts vendors selling all kinds of popular Malaysian rice and noodle cuisines.

Penang Prawn Noodle
In Vancouver we consider these rice and noodle meals to be meals worthy for dinner or lunch but people in Malaysia eat these for breakfast. So, to avoid over consuming, I always order a smaller portion. And that too seems a lot for me. It is not that I don't enjoy curry noodle, wuntun noodle, or prawn noodle for breakfast. I just want to avoid putting on the extra pounds which I will eventually have to work on taking off later.

Hakka Yong Tau Foo
Of the twelve days in Kuala Lumpur, I ate roti canai and nasi lemak breakfast at least twice each. Therefore I had eight days of breakfast to try the more Chinese kind of breakfast. So, I picked curry noodles, prawn noodles, wuntun noodles, and yong tau foo for breakfast on at least one of the days. I could not exactly remember which day it was but that I ate what but I have eaten these noodle cuisines at least during one of the breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment