Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Real Authentic Malay cuisine at Makan Place

Satay Chicken
Once every so often when I crave for real authentic Malay cuisine, I would head to Makan Place. It is the closes and the best place for authentic Malay cuisines one can find in Vancouver at this present time. Not all their Malay cuisines are good, tasty or flavourful but definitely the most authentic Malay cuisines yet in Vancouver. After dining there more than just a couple of times, I have my preferred Makan Place cuisines list. Just like many of Makan Place's patrons, it is undeniable that their satay chicken and beef are pretty awesome. Especially, the peanut sauce for dipping the satay. That would be the number one on my list.

Balik Pulau Fried Noodles
The second cuisine is their Mee Goreng Balik Pulau and they have a few variety of this cuisine. There is the chicken variety and the beef variety and so on but I usually just order the plain Mee Goreng Balik Pulau. In translation to English, this noodle cuisine is actually Balik Pulau Fried Noodles. The reason why this particular cuisine is named Balik Pulau Fried Noodles is because the person or the cook that created this cuisine originated from the fishermen village named Balik Pulau in Penang. I don't think there is such noodle cuisine in Malaysia. This noodle cuisine is unique and I like this fried noodle cuisine with some spiciness. So, I will ask for added chilli every time I order it.

Briyani Rice Cuisine
Then, the other cuisines that are on my preferred Makan Place cuisines list would be the Briyani Chicken, Beef or Lamb Rice, the Mee Rebus, the Roti Prata with Chicken Curry and finally the Nasi Lemak. Their sambal that comes with the Briyani Rice cuisine and the Nasi Lemak are also pretty good. So, there are more than a few favorites and worth to try cuisines in Makan Place. I won't vouch for Makan Place to serve the best Briyani Rice Cuisines or the best Nasi Lemak Cuisines or even the best Satay Cuisine but I do recommend that you try this place out if you haven't because they serve the closes authentic Malay cuisines in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment