Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sounds Like German Restaurant But Not

Fish Burger
My family and I went down to the Southern most city on the lower mainland just right before the US border for a day trip. After visiting Abbotsford, we stopped by Aldergrove for dinner on the way home. There were just a few restaurants on the main street of Aldergrove but we decided on Schnitszelz Burgers because it sounded like European. So, we went into the diner and was surprised by the appearance of the restaurant's operator. He sure did not look like an European, neither did he speaks like one. Since we were already inside the diner. We decided to try the burgers out.

Jack's Burger
We decided to order five different burgers, so between us, we can sample all five burgers. In fact, the burgers were pretty good and we were quite satisfied with the orders.

The Fish Burger were pretty original with real salmon fillet and the Jack's Burger was really a mouth full. But the fries were... well I think is similar to Costco's fries. Not surprising though. Good fries and very generous with them too. But if I wanted Costco fries, I would have gone there. And this is Aldergrove, I would have expected some originality with the fries.

Schnitszelz (pork) Burger
I ordered the Schnitszelz Burger. Very original with the name. Since the name sounds really German to me, I just wanted to try it. And the burger was actually pretty original and taste good too. I was satisfied with my meal.

But couldn't say the same for the next two remaining orders. The two other orders were Cheese Burger and Fried Chicken Strips. The Cheese Burger had a beef patty and top with a slice of cheese, which was a common burger cuisine. The Chicken strips were very similar to Costco's chicken strips. I think the last two orders we were dining on, were mostly raw products that originated from Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment