Monday, December 12, 2016

All Sample Seafood Cuisine for Dinner

Stir Fried Calms with Ginger
Yesterday, we had an all simple seafood cuisine for dinner. I did not plan the dinner that way but somehow it came out that way. I had earlier in the day took out a pack of frozen calms from the freezer to thaw. I had planned to stir fried the clams with ginger and preserved soybean paste. It was an easy dish to cook, especially the frozen calms because they have been unshelled. In Malaysia, we usually cook this cuisine with the clams in their shells. And the shells usually making up more than half of the weight.

Sardine Curry
In the morning I had cooked a small pot of sardine curry for the kids as dip for their roti Chennai. And, they could not finish the sardine curry. So, we have some leftover from breakfast. In order not to waste I kept the sardine curry for dinner which was still good and fresh once we reheat it. It took me lest than twenty minutes to cook the sardine curry. I first prepare the curry paste from curry powder mixed with a few spoons of water. Simmer the curry paste with cooking oil in a hot pot and poured two small cans of sardine into the paste. Added a pinch of salt for taste and a cup of water.

Sardine in Black Bean Sauce
Then, for the kids' lunch in school that morning. I opened two cans of sardine in black bean sauce. Cooked a pot of steam rice and fried an egg for each of them. In their lunch box were rice, an egg and a piece of sardine with some black beans. And they did not take all the sardine in black bean, so we have another leftover. I kept this dish for dinner too. That is how we ended with an all simple seafood cuisine for dinner. After all, the cuisines were not to be wasted and was good for consumption still.

No comments:

Post a Comment