Thursday, December 15, 2016

Nyonya Baba Spicy Assam Fish

Nyonya Baba Assam Fish
On a typical day at home, and between my wife and I, the day starts with preparing and planning the meals. After preparing the kids' breakfast and lunch for school, and soon after they leave for school, immediately we would plan for dinner. Normally, we would decide what to cook and grab whatever ingredients that we would need for use later in the day. Today, I took out a few pieces of salmon fillet from the freezer to thaw.

Steam Tofu with Oyster Flavoured Sauce
So, looks like one of the dish will be a fish cuisine. In fact, I have not decided on the recipe yet when I took the fish fillet out from the freezer. But later when came time to cook, I decided to make do with one of the pre-packed assam fish paste, which was much easier than preparing from scratch. I switch between pre-packed paste and doing from scratch depending on the time I have. When I am really busy with work, I will use a pre-packed paste or sauce. It save me a lot of time.

Calm Omelette
But when I have time, I prefer to prepare the paste from scratch. And on a typical day, dinner will be served with three cuisines. One main cuisine and two simpler cuisines. Like steam tofu with oyster flavoured sauce, garnished with mushrooms and spring onions is considered a simple cuisine. Another simple cuisine could be omelette. Like bitter melon omelette, shrimp omelette, onion omelette or calm omelette. Sometimes, we would even open a canned of sardines, baked beans or chicken curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment