Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Where The Orient Meets The West

Papaya Salad with Salmon Fillet in Lemon Sauce
This is a rather unique cuisine which I learned from watching this documentary about special cuisines in the world on Netflix. Immediately following the documentary,  I thought that I could also prepare this particular cuisine which the chef call the papaya salad. In the documentary, he also introduced the same tropical flavour to a fish fillet. So, yesterday I did exactly the same cuisine using the same ingredients but with a switch from the barramundi fillet to the salmon fillet.

Western Fillet Eastern Flavours
Salmon fillet are easier sourced in Vancouver than barramundi. There are barramundis in supermarket but they are much smaller than the ones found in Australia. Most farmed barramundi are much smaller in size than the wild ones. But salmon on the other hand are native to British Columbia and are much meatier and larger in size, even the farmed ones. I replaced the barramundi fillet for the salmon fillet also because they were kinda similar in texture.

Lemon Sauced Flavoured
On the fish cuisine I added egg and cabbage omelette. After I was done cooking. The plate was rather empty, so I quickly fried some eggs and I have some leftover cabbages. So, we did not eat rice on that meal and with the fish fillet, vegetables and omelette, it satisfied our hunger. The papaya salad and fired fish fillet was really simple to cook. Except for the green papaya, I could find everything I needed in Save-On -Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment