Sunday, December 11, 2016

TaBom Korean Cuisines

Special Korean Hot Plate Cuisine
I have driven past this Korean restaurant many times before and each time I see a lot of people waiting at the entrance. I wasn't really sure it was a restaurant until one day I stopped at a UPS centre to pick up a parcel that I actually walked past and looked into the restaurant. I saw a packed diner and told myself that I will need to come dine here. I was rather curious and wanted to find out more about the restaurant and at the same time wasn't sure if the cuisines will satisfy my taste and flavours.

Fried Glass Noodle with Beef
So, I invited my family out for dinner yesterday and as usual when it came to selecting a choice for dinner, I usually leave it to the kids. But when they ask me to make the choice, I remembered this Korean restaurant on Austin Avenue on the ten sixty block. Why don't we explore this place? When we got there, there were no parking space as the parking stalls were limited. I drive across from the restaurant and parked on the Safeway parking lot. Not exactly Safeway parking lot but to the side of the main parking lot.

Thinly Sliced Beef Steak
When we finally stepped into the diner, we were the second party in the waiting list. We were told that the waiting time could be as long as thirty minutes and I could leave my cell number. Once a table for our party was available, we will be notified by text messaging. Since it was really cold outside, we decided to wait in the diner instead of walking around in the cold outside. The waiting wasn't too long and by twenty minutes or so, we were shown to our table.

Cabbage Kimchi
Since, we were there for the first time and not very familiar with the Korean cuisines, we look around and watch the other people. Most of them order this large mixed of meat and vegetable hot plate. In fact every table has at least one order of the hot plate cuisine. Which in our mind must be their most popular cuisine. The diner wasn't really that huge, we could see every table that was in the diner. In fact there was a sign at the entrance mentioning only forty five seats available at any one time.

Cold Bean Sprouts
We went through the menu together and with our observation of what the others were ordering, we ordered the in house special hot plate. And there were a few choices, from different meats to different sauces. Our choice was the spicy small octopus and chicken meat with the house special spicy sauce. It didn't take long for our orders to arrived and while small table stove were being set up to place the hot plate, we could smell the beautiful aroma coming from the boiling of the food in the hot plate.

Pickled Radish
The first taste was really awesome. The sauce tasted great and flavourful. The next order was the fried glass noodle with beef which was also an excellent choice. We also ordered a plate of thinly sliced beef steak sauced with the famous Korean bulgogi sauce. Other than our orders, we were served with two small trays of kimchi, cold bean sprouts, and pickled radish. Overall, the experience was satisfying and we had a great meal. Something different from our usual Cantonese cuisines.

No comments:

Post a Comment