Friday, December 2, 2016

Honey Crepe and Eggs for Breakfast

Crepe and Fried Eggs
Woke up early this morning and prepared crepe for the kids for breakfast. I have wanted to do this for awhile but usually woke up too late. But today, I was early and have enough time to prepare something special for the family. All I needed was a few scoops of multi purpose flour, two eggs, pinch of salt, and a few cups of water. Once I have everything in a bowl, I used a whisk to mixed the ingredients and blend the batter evenly.

Eggs on Sunny Side Up with Crepe
Using a flat frying pan, I added a small spoon of butter and coated the pan with a layer of the butter. I then, scooped a ladle full of the mixed batter onto the frying pan and using a spoon to even out the batter to form an even thickness but thin enough to roll later throughout the round surface. Then, on the other stove, I also fried some eggs but one at a time. I had the eggs fried sunny side up. Once the crepe was ready, I poured some honey onto it and rolled it up.

Home cooked breakfast
This breakfast may be simple but it took time to cook because I can only cook one crepe at a time and fry one egg at a time. The effort was worth it. The crepe was nicely done and tasted delicious. The kids added more honey onto the crepe to make it sweeter. In the serving plate I have carbohydrate, the crepe was flour, and protein from the egg. The missing component may be a slice of fruit like strawberries, blueberries or pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment