Sunday, December 25, 2016

Dim Sum at Lee Garden

Dumplings Stuffed with Chives
I have been passing by Lee Garden Seafood Restaurant on Kingsway for as many years as I have lived in Burnaby. I have seen the restaurant been renovated and going through the changes to its facade but all this time, I have yet to dine here until a few days ago when a fellow Malaysian who has just returned from a long stay in Malaysia invited my wife and I to join him and his spouse for dim sum here. The restaurant was full of patrons and the parking behind the restaurant was full too.

Shrimp Dumplings
Some people had to park on the road side. Again, the weather was not really favorable as several heaps of snow was seen on the parking lot which have reduced the number of stalls. Anyway, I was lucky to have found a parking space. Inside the restaurant was also packed but comfortable. There were ample space to move around. Lee garden was really a comfortable diner. The management did not lay too many tables until there were limited space between tables.

Glutinous Rice Wrap
But the dimsum choices on the menu was not really that unique. Very common and they served mostly the usual dimsum found in any other dimsum restaurants. I guess after having dined in so many different dimsum restaurant, there is no more new stuff. People start to look for uniqueness and specialties that make one restaurant stand out from the rest of the playing field. By the way, the dimsum served at Lee Garden Seafood Restaurant was good, flavourful and authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment