Saturday, October 8, 2016

Chicken Briyani Rice from Makan Place

Chicken Briyani Rice
I attended one of the functions at work several days ago and had a chance to join in the dinner at the end of that function. The buffet dinner was catered from Makan Place and it was really good. The attendees to the function enjoyed four different authentic Malay cuisines, namely the Chicken Briyani Rice, Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce, Fruit Mix (or Rojak in Malay), and Fried Malay Noodle. I have not been to Makan Place for quite awhile and that evening I really enjoyed the Chicken Briyani Rice.

Fried Malay Noodles
I think I only had the Chicken Briyani Rice and the Fried Malay Noodle only. The Beef Satay was the favorite cuisine amongst the people there, and it was completely gone within minutes. I have gotten the Chicken Briyani Rice and I was satisfied. Therefore, I wasn't paying attention to the other cuisines but slowly enjoying the Chicken Briyani Rice. After all, I seldom go to Makan Place for meals nowadays and missed their Nasi Lemak and Briyani Rice.

Fruit Mix (Rojak)
Other than the beef satay that everyone else like so much, I prefer the chicken satay instead. Also available and another authentic Malaysian cuisine was the Fruit Mix which we call Rojak in Malaysia. In their diner, Makan Place serves all kinds of Malaysian cuisines. But mostly, Malay cuisines. Other than that they also serve the Roti Chennai with Chicken Curry which is more of a Southern Indian cuisine and the Chicken Rice which is totally different from the Hainanese Chicken Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment