Thursday, October 27, 2016

Petaling Street Tai Lok Mean

Petaling Street Tai Lok Mean
When I came home from work yesterday, all the ingredients and sauces that I need for cooking the famous Petaling Street Tai Lok Mean was already. Apparently, my wife had prepared all the ingredients I would need. So, I quickly changed and then put on the apron. The ingredients that I have on the kitchen table was one pound of medium size shrimps, one pound of yu choy mixed with some cabbage, slices of fish cake, one spoon of chopped garlic, one pound of sliced pork meat, and one pack of the thick shanghai noodle.

Famous Kuala Lumpur Hokkien Fried Noodle
With all of these ingredients, I can easily prepare up to five serving portions. I started with five spoons of cooking oil in a hot wok and once the cooking oil was hot enough, I drop in the chopped garlic. Immediately followed with the pork, then the shrimps. Allow them to simmer for several minutes, then add the vegetables. Then, the frying, tossing and mixing begins, making sure that the vegetables cook before putting in the shanghai noodle.

Hokkien Fried Noodle
Before I continue with the stirring and tossing, on the shanghai noodle, add five spoons of dark soy sauce, one spoon of chicken essence and a few pinch of the pepper. Once I have all the sauces and flavouring on the noodles, I continue with the tossing and stirring until the noodles and the rest of the ingredients are evenly mixed and colored. The whole frying process takes another seven to ten minutes on intense fire or high heat to make sure that the noodle gets really cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment