Monday, October 24, 2016

Penang Char Mee with Chives

Penang Char Mee
Since, everyone was at home and we did not have any appointments nor planned activities, I thought it was a good idea to cook the famous Penang Char Keow Teow. Then again, the kids wanted to have something different, not the usual, so I decided change the type of noodle. And they were okay with it. Other than the famous Penang Char Keow Teow, there are some people who would prefer the famous Penang fried noodle using a different noodle but with the same recipe and ingredients.

Penang Style Fried Shanghai Noodle
So, yesterday I fried the Penang Char Mee instead of my usual Penang Char Keow Teow for lunch. Everything was the same from the ingredients to the sauce except for the noodles. I have bought a bag of shanghai noodles a few days ago from T&T Supermarket. That would be the right noodle to use. I could actually use spaghetti instead of shanghai noodles if I don't have it. Coincidentally, I also bought a small bunch of chives yesterday which would be the other important ingredient in the fried noodle cuisine.


The Famous Penang Fried Noodle
Another type of noodles that would be awesome in taste and flavour when fried with this similar recipe is the rice stick or vermicelli. Therefore, this famous Penang fried noodle style can be enjoyed with three different types of noodle and each individual might have a different preference. I know majority of people would prefer the Char Keow Teow but the Char Mee or Char Bee Hoon are also great tasty cuisines as well. I like all three and eat whatever is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment