Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Marmite Chicken Nuggets

Fried Marmite Chicken Nuggets
This is one of my kids favorite home cooked cuisines. In fact they love all kinds of fried stuff just like any other growing kids. I learned to cook this marmite chicken nugget cuisines after one dining occasion in a restaurant somewhere near Seremban, Negeri Sembilan a long time ago. I used to work near this Chinese restaurant and my co-workers would visit this restaurant nearly everyday for lunch. So, I asked what was their specialty and was told of several Cantonese cuisines which included this particular marmite chicken cuisine.

Roasted Pork Hock
I liked the marmite chicken, so I introduced the cuisine to my family. And, one day I asked one of the waitresses working in the restaurant how to prepare this cuisine and she actually explained the recipe to me. So, I came home and tried it. It took me several times before I got it just right. So, over the years we also tried with different recipes and make changes as we found new techniques to be better. Now, even my wife knows how to cook this particular cuisine and make it taste so flavourful.

Stir Fried Zucchini with grass Noodles
Another cuisine that I have actaully cooked at home after eating it in a restaurant is the Crispy Pata, which is a Filipino cuisine that we had eaten in a local Filipino restaurant. Now, we even roast our own pork hock at home whenever we feels like roasting a pork hock. We always try to make the cuisines we serve at home interesting and often copy a cuisine that we have eaten before in a restaurant. Sometime, the cuisines may not taste exactly the same but mostly the experience turns out to be positive or the cuisine turns out to be better and tastier than that served in the restaurant. Just like the stir fried zucchini with grass noodles which was never cooked like that before.


No comments:

Post a Comment