Sunday, October 16, 2016

Home Cooked Pork Chop

Home Cooked Pork Chop
I decided to cook Pork Chop for dinner last night. Earlier in the day, I had bought a few slices of pork loin from Save-on-Foods. In cooking pork chop, the preparation starts with getting the biscuit crumbs ready. First, crushed about fifteen pieces of soda crackers and place the crumbs in a bowl. I took the soda crackers from the food cabinet and will use that as coating for the pork loin. I added a pinch of salt and pepper to the soda cracker crumb mix. Then, I took the pork loin one slice at a time and dipped it in the bowl with the dry soda cracker crumbs. With the crumbs still sticking on the meat, I put the slice pork loin in the hot pan with about ten spoons of cooking oil. Turning only once on each side when it turned golden brown.

Pork Chop with Fried Onions and Potatoes
I repeated this process a couple of times because I wanted to prepare dinner for five. While the pork loin was still frying in one pan, I started preparing the side dish. I have peeled some potatoes and cut them into half inch cubes to fry in another frying pan. And while waiting for the pork loin and potato fries to cook, I also sliced some onions (in rings). Once the pork chops were done, I dropped in the sliced onions into the frying pan immediately after transferring them to the serving plates. So, I used the same oil from the pork chop to stir fry the onions. The idea is to use the same oil with the flavour from the meat. Later, I added some corn kernels into the onions and stir fried them together.

My Mum's Pork Chop
So, most of the time, I was cooking with two frying pans. And in order to manage the two frying pans, I turned the stove's heat to medium. The preparation and cooking took me less than an hour which was as planned. I learned this pork chop recipe from my mum and when I was back in Malaysia, we used to have pork chops quite often. My mother would usually mix the onions with green beans or peas instead of corn kernels. I did not have any of those in the fridge so corn kernels will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment