Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Plater of Rendang Chicken

Authentic Malay Rendang Chicken
I have a great family, not only my wife but my kids as well. Anyone of us can cook a decent meal. Even better than decent. Yesterday, my youngest kid cook rendang chicken. Of cause with my wife watching over him and teaching him while he does most of the preparation and cooking. We teach our kids to be independent of us, not only in their studies but more importantly in basic life skills as well. Both me and my wife, grew up learning life skills and values from our respective parents which we would like to past on to my kids.

Fried Tofu Brick
I was in Vancouver most of the day yesterday. I went out with some friends at about noon. And we were there until later in the evening. We were attending a trade fair at the Vancouver Convention Centre, and since we were already there, we took the opportunity to explore as many exhibits as we possibly could within the allotted time frame. So, I got home after seven in the evening and dinner was ready. There were Rendang Chicken, Fried Tofu Brick Garnished with Preserved Radish and Fish Bone Soup.

Fish Bone Soup
Although the rendang chicken was cooked from pre-packed paste but still there were ingredients needed to be added into the rendang cuisine to improve on its presentation, taste and flavour. If cooked as is, it will not taste as good. The fried tofu was easy. Just fry two pieces of the tofu and garnish with fried preserved radish. As for the fish bone soup. The fish bone has to be fried first and once it is done, add water and the rest of the ingredients. Wait till boil than serve in a large bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment