Saturday, November 26, 2016

Home Cooked Butter Prawns

Fried Butter Prawns
We cooked Butter Prawns for lunch today. In the morning I went to Save-On-Foods on Kingsway in Edmonds to buy a bag of Argentinian jumbo shrimps. I did not go just to shop for shrimps but was there because I had sent one of the kids to the dentist. So, instead of waiting at the dentist for him to get done, I went to Save-On-Foods which was just a block away. Initially, I did not have intention to buy the shrimps but the offer price caught my interest.

Fried Jumbo Shrimps
So, once we got home, I started cleaning the shrimps, and then prepare the ingredients for the butter shrimps. As, we have never cooked with this style before, we have to look up the recipe online. We have cooked the butter prawns from a pre-packed paste that we bought from T&T Supermarket but not from scratch. I am familiar with sweet and sour, ginger spring onion, and kong pao recipe but with butter recipe, it is going to be the first.

Kailan Cuisine
I had one of my kid cook the shrimps as I read and instructed him from the online video I was watching. We did really well because the butter prawns cuisine turned out to be really good, tasty and flavourful. As, I did not just buy the shrimps but bought quite a few items, we cooked a vegetable cuisine as well. I bought a bunch of really fresh kailan. We clean and then blenched them in hot boiling water and garnished with fried garlic and shallot oil. That was our lunch cuisines with steam rice. Wonderfully tasty and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment