Monday, November 7, 2016

Barbecue Chicken Satay

Barbecue Chicken Satay
We had chicken satay at home for dinner yesterday. Initially, I just wanted to cook some rice and do yong chow fried rice with homemade sambal belacan but my wife had already marinated some chicken meat with a mixture of paste made up of lemon grass, ginger, turmeric and salt. She had already prepared the marinated chicken meat and allowed them to sit in the fridge from as early as eight in the morning.

Chicken Satay
So, the next thing to do is to skewer all the chicken meat on bamboo sticks. I have one of my kids do that while I started the grill to barbecue the chicken satay. It took about an hour or so to skewer and barbecue the chicken satay but it only took us, the whole family, about thirty minutes to finish eating the chicken satay. We had bought a canned of satay peanut sauce from Chong Lee Market and used that as the chicken satay dip.

Ready to Eat Chicken Satay
As for carbohydrate, we cooked some nasi hempit or cooked compressed rice stuffed in banana leaf wrap. We only ate the chicken satay, the compressed rice and sliced cucumbers for dinner. I myself only ate about five sticks of the chicken satay and a small portion of the compressed rice which was good enough. The kids ate about twice as much as I did. And at the end, because we had barbecue so much chicken satay, the kids decided to take the leftover chicken satay to school for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment