Friday, November 11, 2016

Fried Wonton and Herbal Soup for Dinner

Herbal Chicken Soup
Got home a little later than usual yesterday because of the heavier traffic congestion on the highway. I guess it must be the long weekend ahead that is causing everyone to go home at about the same time. In fact, I am also looking to the long weekend too. Before leaving the home for work, I had already started cooking the herbal chicken. I put the whole chicken into the slow cooker with a pouch of pre-packed herbal ingredients into the slow cooker. Added about two litres of water and turned the knob to slow cook.

Stir Fried Chinese Spinach
When I got home from work, I immediately added half cup of red jujubes into the soup. My grandmother and my mum used to tell me that the jujubes were good remedies for the eyes. I do not know how far it was true but jujubes are used in Chinese cooking a lot because it provides a very unique taste and flavour. I also braised a bunch of Chinese spinach and stir fried them with oyster flavoured sauce and some shrimps. This is a simple vegetable recipe which I think every home cook that cooks with Chinese cuisines know.

Fried Wonton Dumplings
After that I wrapped some wonton dumplings with fish paste and shrimps. For flavour, I added a spoon of oyster flavoured sauce, a few drops of sesame seed oil, and half spoon of chicken essence into the fish paste and shrimp mix. Once I had enough wrapped wonton, I fried them in hot cooking oil. It took me less than an hour to get dinner ready and another few minutes to wash the woks, the pots, and other utensils. I like to make sure all the cooking utensils were kept neatly away before starting dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment