Friday, November 18, 2016

Belacan (Shrimp Paste) Chicken Wings

Belacan Fried Chicken Wings
At first I hesitated because I wasn't sure what to do with the chicken wings that my wife had thawed for me to cook. She has been busy with work and I happened to arrived home earlier than her yesterday. Then, I remembered that we have not had belacan fried chicken for a while now. So, I searched for the pack of belacan paste which I might have left from the last time I used it. Took me a while to find the belacan paste because my wife had moved it from the original place where I had kept it. 

Belacan Delight
And I found two packs of the belacan paste that have been opened. Both packs have its content used half. Anyway, I only needed half of the paste in the pack. So, it was just nice for me. After I have cleaned the chicken wings (about three to four pounds), I dripped them dry and poured the leftover belacan paste onto the chicken wings. Using my hands I mixed and coated the chicken wings with the belacan paste as much as I can. 

Stir Fried Chinese Spinach
I then, poured about one litre of cooking oil into a pot and fried the chicken wings (putting in one at a time) in that pot. Once the first batch was cooked, I repeated the process with the second batch of chicken wings. It took me about five rounds to complete the task. While waiting for the chicken wings to cook, I also stir fried Chinese spinach with garlic and shrimps. Once the fried chicken wings were done, I fried some pressed tofu in the same cooking oil. 

Fried Tofu with Satay Sauce
I have sliced each piece of the pressed tofu into four smaller cubes before putting them into the hot cooking oil. Once the fried tofu were done, they were garnished with satay sauce. I have some leftover satay sauce that I took back from a function at my workplace. So, I make good use of the satay sauce. My timing was really good, as I was about done washing up the kitchen utensils and the pot, everybody came home at about the same time within minutes of each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment