Thursday, November 24, 2016

Penang Style Hokkien Noodle

Penang Style Hokkien Noodle
I cooked the Penang style Hokkein Noodle for dinner yesterday. I was actually not sure of what to cook for dinner as I did not prepare ahead. So, I looked in the fridge and took out a bag of Shanghai noodle. Therefore, the Hokkien Noodle came to mind. Next thing I did was look for the ingredients that I would need to make this meal a flavourful one. I would need vegetable, preferably yu choy but I am out of that vegetable so cabbage will do.

Penang Fried Hokkien Mee
And the other ingredients I took out from the fridge were shrimps, a piece of pork (to be thinly sliced), fish cake and spring onions. I would also need three spoons of corn starch mixed in ten spoons of water, pepper, salt, and chicken stock. Once I have all the ingredients ready I started cooking. I started to heat up the wok. I use the thirty two cm wok to fry most types of noodles which is large enough to hold up to seven portions.

Penang Hokkien Char
First would be the four spoons of cooking oil, followed with one spoon of chopped garlic. Then, the sliced pork, shrimps, and fish cakes goes into the wok. Once the slices of pork are cooked, add the chopped cabbage. Stir fry the cabbage for about a minute then add the shanghai noodle. Add three spoons of dark soy sauce, pepper, salt and chicken stock. Stir and mix until evenly colored. Add two cups of water and the corn starch mixture. Take to boil, then transfer to serving plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment