Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Nasi Lemak Breakfast

Nasi Lemak
I had the Nasi Lemak for breakfast this morning. Started cooking the coconut fragrant rice first, then only worked on the other components. But to save time, I had already prepared some of the ingredients for the night before. The fried anchovies, slice cucumbers and the sambal was all done in the night. While the rice was cooking, I cooked the hard boiled eggs. And at the same time, I had one hot wok with cooking oil to fry some chicken wings.

Home Cooked Nasi Lemak
I have marinated the chicken wings the night before with Korean style bolgogi sauce. Left the marinated chicken wings in the fridge the whole night long to allow the chicken wings to absorb the bolgogi sauce. Before I dropped the chicken wings into the hot cooking oil, I make sure that the chicken wings were as dry as it possibly could to avoid the cooking oil splashing everywhere in the kitchen. To avoid making a mess of the kitchen, I sometimes roast the marinated chicken wings in the oven instead.

Nasi Lemak with Fried Chicken
Although we can switch the nasi lemak dishes between rendang, curry and fried chicken or fish, the main components like eggs, anchovies, cucumbers and sambal are seldom or never changed. The eggs are sometimes fried but mostly hard boiled. Even with the main components, the nasi lemak cuisine is already tasty and flavourful enough. There are also a variety of other dishes that could be combined with the nasi lemak cuisine, like fried squid, egg sambal, and pandan chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment