Sunday, November 20, 2016

Curry Cabbage and Stir Fried Cabbage

Cabbage Curry
I cooked two different cabbage cuisines for lunch today. In fact, should call it brunch as it was our late breakfast and early lunch. We did not wake up late but just being busy with chores around the home and catching up on some office work too. The kids were also busy with their school work. So, I only started cooking at around quarter after eleven and got done by about noon. Just two simple dishes, and both has lots of cabbage in them.

I put about four spoons of A1
Spicy Cabbage Treat
Asam Fish paste in a pot with about four cups of water. Once the broth started boiling, I added a handful of cabbage and carrots. Then immediate, I add a slice of fish fillet into the broth. I could have thrown in some fish balls instead but I thought the fish fillet would do just as good and as tasty. The A1 Asam Fish paste was ideal for a quick spicy cuisine. Unless I have the time to prepare from scratch, the Asam Fish paste is a good alternative.

Stir Fried Cabbage
While waiting for the Curry Cabbage to cook, I had the wok warmed up for the second dish. After adding two spoons of cooking oil, I threw in a handful of anchovies into the wok. Once the anchovies were fried, I added the cabbages and carrots. Then, half spoon of chicken essence. Stir fried for a couple of minutes and transfer the vegetables to a serving plate. By the time I was done with both the dishes, the rice were cooked too. Timing was just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment