Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Corn Starch Coated Fried Chicken Wings

Crunchy Fried Chicken Wings
I fried chicken wings using only corn starch, pepper, and salt which turned out to be deliciously tasty and flavourful. I have earlier in the day prepared the chicken wings before I went out to work. I mixed five spoons of corn starch, a half spoon of pepper, and a pinch of salt. Then, mixed them well and poured the corn starch into a bag with about a dozen chicken wings. I zipped locked the bag, then shacked the bag to allow the corn starch to evenly coat the chicken wings.

Frying Chicken Wings
I then, left the bag in the fridge to cool. When I came home from work about five hours later, the chicken wings were still in the fridge. It was cold and ready to fry. In poured about a litre of canola cooking oil into a small ceramic pot, heat up the cooking oil. Once the cooking oil was hot enough, I started putting in the chicken wings one at a time until the pot was full. With a dozen chicken wings, I need to repeat this process at least three times.

Ready to be served Fried Chicken Wings
When the temperature of the chicken wings were really cold, the corn starch would easily stick onto the skin. There is no need to introduce any liquid to the mix. And with no moisture or liquid, the chicken wings would not cause the cooking oil to splash all over the stove and kitchen. Once the chicken wings were done, the skin was crunchy and the meat juicy. To improve on the crunchiness to the chicken wings just add two spoons of rice flour when preparing the mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment