Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Malaysian Hut

Sarawak Laksa
I was in Surrey with my wife doing our weekly grocery shopping that we decided to drop in at Malaysian Hut on 108th Avenue for lunch. This restaurant is located in the Guildford area and is kinda hidden on a small strip mall. Most Malaysian's would know where this place is but depending on which direction you were coming from, the entrance to the strip mall is only assessable from the direction of Port Mann Bridge.

Ipoh Hor Fun
The direction I usually use to reach this restaurant is through King George Boulevard. So, coming from this direction, I will have to drive past the strip mall and find the lane way behind the restaurant to get to it. But all this effort was worth it. Malaysian Hut has a couple of really good and authentic cuisines which I find to be the most accurate representation of East Malaysian cuisines. I can't recall as to how many times I have been here.

Mee Goreng
Their signature noodle cuisine is the Sarawak Laksa which is served with a sourish curry broth. Just delightfully good and tasty. And instead of the normal shanghai noodle, the Sarawak Laksa is served with vermicelli. Anther authentic noodle cuisine is the Sarawak Kolo Mee which is only found and very popular in Sarawak among the Chinese. Then, there is the popular Mee Goreng that seems to be on the menu of every Malaysian restaurant in Vancouver. I had the Ipoh Hor Fun, which was actually really good and authentic for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment