Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dined at the DAC SFU

Pork Roast
I went to dined in the Diamond Alumni Centre (DAC) with some friends a couple of days ago. The DAC is located in Simon Fraser University's Burnaby campus right on the hill top overseeing the Barnet Marine Park. The view from the deck of the building is awesome and most beautiful when after a snow shower. I dine at the DAC a couple of times each year. Sometimes on special events with my colleagues but often with friends during lunch.

Assortment of Salads
The menu theme changes occasionally. And when I was there that day it was the Mexican Lunch Buffet. And the following week is going to be Taste of India. The one that most patrons look forward to is around Christmas when they serve their very special Christmas buffet which is usually fully reserved. So, we usually reserve early. One of the cuisines that I have always enjoyed at the DAC is their salad selections. They are never out of salad ideas. Pretty amazing variety for a place that is managed by the university's food services and staffed by mostly students.

Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables
I did not really ate too much that day as I was watching my diet. But I did not have any reservations when it came to the salads. I tried every single dish of the salads and there were also a whole tray of stir fried mixed vegetables. I also took a scoop of the rice and two slices of the pork roast. Overall, like always, I have enjoyed dining here at the Diamond Alumni Centre and loved the beautiful scenery. And when it snows on Burnaby mountain, this place is especially spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment