Saturday, November 19, 2016

Asam Fish Curry

Asam Curry Fish
I wanted to cook fish yesterday for a change as we have been having chicken for as many days as I can recall. So, took out a piece of fish to thaw in the morning. And it was the black pomfret which I bought from Foody World Supermarket. In fact, I bought like five pieces of that fish when we were shopping there last week. The black pomfret is good when cooked with curry or when fried. I often fried the fish stuffed with thick curry paste.

Stir fried Preserved Mustard
But yesterday, I decided to cook curry with it and I was going to use a pre-packed curry paste instead of preparing the paste from scratch. I had only thawed the fish and did not prepare the ingredients for the chilli paste so the next best thing to do is to use pre-packed paste. Although, it may not taste as good as fresh home made chilli paste but will do for the evening. Anyway, the fish was really fresh and it is going to be a good cuisine. I noticed the freshness of the fish when I was cleaning it.

Tomato Egg Omelette
I have also prepared two other simple dishes. I simply open a pack of preserved mustard and pan fried the vegetables to heat it up. My mum would normally sprinkle some sugar on it and add two spoons of dark soy sauce onto the vegetable but I wanted to have it as is. The other dish was tomato omelette. I sliced three medium size tomatoes into cubes and throw them into a hot wok with one spoon of cooking oil. Then, whisked up five eggs in a large bowl and poured the eggs into the wok with the tomatoes. Once cooked, transfer to a serving plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment