Thursday, January 26, 2017

Dining in Crystal Mall Food Court

Japanese Sushi
I remembered having dined in Richmond Centre food court about three weeks ago. And yesterday, me and my family went to Crystal Mall dined in the food court after doing grocery shopping in T&T Supermarket nearby. The food court in Crystal Mall has got about twenty or more stalls but they were all Chinese food. Even the sushi place was operated by a Chinese guy. And the sushi that they make does not look like real sushi but more to any normal rice with a piece on seafood on top of it.

Hainanese Chicken Rice
I did order a half chicken portion with three servings of chicken rice from the waffle place for my kids. Which was supposed to be Hainanese Chicken Rice. Although it tasted and flavoured like Hainanese chicken rice but cooking chicken rice from paste is pretty common in Vancouver. Anyone who knows how to cook rice can cook Hainanese Chicken Rice from a pack of Hainanese chicken rice paste. Just follow the instructions on the box and you will have chicken rice. I suspected that was what they were doing.

Mushroom & Seafood Crispy Noodle
I, on the other hand walked around the food court looking for something authentic and ordered a Cantonese style fried noodle from the noodle place on the front side of the food court. At least the plate of noodle I ate was somewhat authentic. Although, I have tasted better ones, the noodle cuisine was the most authentic for that evening among all the food we ate. I guess from the experience we had yesterday, we are not going to be coming back to Crystal Mall food court anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment