Sunday, January 8, 2017

Potluck to Begin The New Year

Beef Stew
On the same day we arrived home, and later in the evening we were invited to a potluck at friend's place. As we had just gotten home, we were asked to make ourselves available and not to worry about cooking. But we cooked noodle cuisine anyway. This potluck was attended by just a few friends and not all the members of our usual group of friends. We started gathering around five in the evening and was done by eleven in the night.

Chicken Rendang
Other than, my noodle cuisine, the host prepared beef stew, stir fried asparagus, and glutinous rice with shitake mushrooms. Other cuisines that were brought to the function were fruit rojak, chicken rendang, spring rolls, and desserts. We are so fortunate to have friends that know and have the recipes to cook real Malaysian authentic cuisines. I always feel blessed whenever I get the chance to attend one of these potlucks. There is always so much authentic Malaysian cuisines.

My Plate of Authentic Malaysian Cuisines
Think of it, I have missed all these potlucks when I was away on vacation with the family. And during this time of the year, our Malaysian friends gather more often than usual with all the celebrations within these few months. But, there are more potlucks to come leading into the Chinese New Year and beyond. Anyway, when I was away, I too have tasted and eaten some of the best food in California. They may be fast food but really good fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment