Friday, March 17, 2017

Best Bao in Vancouver

Char Siew Pork Bao
I like Bao. Especially, the ones that are stuffed with Char Siew Pork. I actually grew up eating a lot of these type of buns and have always enjoyed them. But since coming to Vancouver I found the Bao here to be more healthier and tastier too. In Malaysia, the baos are mostly prepared to be frozen and kept for longer then they should. So, there might be more preservatives used in their preparation. Due to that there is a after taste.

New Town's Char Siew Bao
I alway experience my saliva thickens after consuming bao in Malaysia. I think it is some additive that was added in the making of the baos that makes my saliva thickens with an after taste. Therefore, after realizing this, I stop eating baos in Malaysia. But in Vancouver, I occasionally buy baos for lunch and having them in the office. I haven'y experience the same in Vancouver. At least not until presently.

Chinese Meat Buns
Other than buying baos from T&T Supermarket, I like to purchase them from New Town Bakery in Chinatown on Pender Street. Sometimes, I also buy from a small corner bakery on the junction of Pender and Gore in Chinatown. There are also those buns that has no stuffing. Taste like bread but instead of baked, they were steamed like any other baos. I have also seen and eaten baos that were fried. Only fried after they were steamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment