Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Pork and Vegetable Spring Rolls

Spring Rolls
Between my wife and I, we have bought nearly five boxes of Costco Wholesale's Pork and Vegetable Spring Rolls when it went on sale. Stocking up for our kids before the summer holidays start. We anticipated that they would probably take no longer than three weeks to consumed all of the stocks in the fridge if they have friends over once every few days and cook at home than eating out. We have prepared a variety of different frozen food for them.

Pork and Vegetable Spring Rolls
Yesterday, we opened one of the pork and vegetable spring roll to try out. The spring rolls were individually wrapped in plastics and was actually cooked. It can be either oven bake or microwave oven heated. I decided to oven bake. When done, it turned out to be really good. The stuffing was packed with vegetable and ground pork. The wuntun skin wrapper was still crispy. The pork and vegetable spring roll not only looked like the ones my mum used to make but tasted similar too.

Garlic Stir Fried Vegetables
I also prepared two other dishes with the spring roll for dinner. The second dish was the garlic stir fried vegetable. I don't know what was the name of this vegetable but the leaves looked like romaine lettuce, only softer and longer. I have eaten this vegetable dish in Malaysia before. So, I think it must be a popular Chinese vegetable. Anyway, I have not seen this vegetable in Safeway or Save-On-Foods Supermarkets, only in Crystal Mall wet market and T&T Supermarkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment